• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Blather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my own personal opinion, IMO, and everyone is entitled to one. Right?

But I'm wondering what everyone thinks about all the loose, chummy, good-'ol-boy, neighborly, yammering, huggy-bear, blither-blather, how-you-should-live-your-life, chit-chat crap that goes on in the open forum all the time. Shouldn't it be reserved for private e-mails, private messages, dedicated forums or the lounge. Isn't that what the private message option is all about? And isn't that what the lounge is all about? Just hanging out and chillin'?

And I'm not referring to posts of substance and relevance that also include friendly chit-chat words.

Granted, this isn't TPIN, but some high profile posters left that forum because they weren't allowed to treat it as their own little chummy clubhouse. And if they couldn't, then they were just going to take their marbles and go home. Which they did.

And the "block" option doesn't work here, because of the potential of "warm and fuzzy chummy" posters actually saying something of substance or relevant from time to time.
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're just mad because FSU is having another tough season!! and here come the irish.
_bugleboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, Ha!

FSU may be the best team ever to not make the National Championship! They're ranked 13 and ND is 6 (3 in the BCS), but check out the line for Saturday's game. Who would you put your money on?

Saturday, when they dismantle ND it will only serve to knock ND out of contention. It will hardly improve FSU's ranking. You don't think the "powers" that be could ever vote a team with 2 losses to the top of the rankings, do you?

And at this point, whose going to beat OU, except whoever they play in the Fiesta?
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-10-24 10:30, bugleboy wrote:

Yes, you're right. But, then why do you want our opinion and what difference would it make if you've established yours already?
Quote:

But I'm wondering what everyone thinks about all the loose, chummy, good-'ol-boy, neighborly, yammering, huggy-bear, blither-blather, how-you-should-live-your-life, chit-chat crap that goes on in the open forum all the time. Shouldn't it be reserved for private e-mails, private messages, dedicated forums or the lounge. Isn't that what the private message option is all about? And isn't that what the lounge is all about? Just hanging out and chillin'?

I don't know what you are referring to specifically. Can you give some examples? How many messages do you see like this (percentage wise) that would justify your message here and for action required from Todd to put correction on this matter?
Quote:

And I'm not referring to posts of substance and relevance that also include friendly chit-chat words.

I hope you will respond to these questions above so that we can get some substance and relevance to your claims.
Quote:

Granted, this isn't TPIN, but some high profile posters left that forum because they weren't allowed to treat it as their own little chummy clubhouse. And if they couldn't, then they were just going to take their marbles and go home. Which they did.

I am an active member of TPIN and I have not seen your posts. Are you one of these who have left?
Quote:

And the "block" option doesn't work here, because of the potential of "warm and fuzzy chummy" posters actually saying something of substance or relevant from time to time.

So, in short, it's not all that bad. Whew!! I had thought we had something going here for a minute.

I value your posts Charles very much when you don't get angry. When you get upset, it seems that the whole world of relationships cave in and then there is nothing one can do to bring it back to the level it was before. This has been my experience with you, Charles and I wish that you would lighten up a bit.

I am not against you and I don't see anyone else here against you; however, I see you against many here in this TH forum.

Time is short, life is short; so, there is no use trying to be short with me and everyone else on this forum. Take it easy a bit more and share with us your wonderful knowledge of playing the trumpet from all the years of experience you have more than many of us here.

You're a good guy, Charles.

Liad
_bugleboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liad,

LB: why do you want our opinion and what difference would it make if you've established yours already?

CR: Sorry. I can't make any relevance out of that. I state my opinion and then ask for other opinions. That's it. Why do I want other opinions? Just to see if others find the subject as tiresome as I do, I guess. It won't make any difference in my opinion, but then what difference would that make?

LB: Can you give some examples?

CR: I can, but I won't.

LB: How many messages do you see like this (percentage wise) that would justify your message here

CR: Roughly, unscientifically, arbitrarily, about 30% to 50%.

LB: and for action required from Todd to put correction on this matter?

CR: I don't see that the Terms Of Agreement on the TH for content in posting have been broken in any way, so I wouldn't think there is any action required of Todd.

LB: I am an active member of TPIN and I have not seen your posts. Are you one of these who have left?

CR: First, I don't consider myself a high profile poster on TPIN that I referenced. And I'm still there. Most of my e-mails are directly to the person, since I hate having to open the generic AOL site to make e-mails that won't have all the html code, whereby everyone sends you angry e-mails to "shut off" the html, whether you are a new member or not. Did MA ever get that fixed? It's a big shortcoming over there in TPIN. NO. I was referring to GG for one who left.

LB: So, in short, it's not all that bad. Whew!! I had thought we had something going here for a minute.

CR: No. It's not all that bad. It's just tiresome.

LB: I value your posts Charles very much when you don't get angry.

CR: Your perception of anger in my posts is mistaken. Impatience, disenchantment, disputatiousness? Perhaps. But not anger.

LB: This has been my experience with you, Charles and I wish that you would lighten up a bit.

CR: I tried weight watchers, but it didn't work for me.

LB: I see you against many here in this TH forum.

CR: NO. Not against many on the forum. Against many ideas expressed by many on the forum. Big difference.

LB: Time is short, life is short

CR: I like the way the Amish say it, "To soon old, too late schmart." But then I would add to that,

"Better late than never."
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles,

Thanks for your post.

MA of TPIN is now testing the new system with several frequent posters, myself included, to see how the system is going to pan out with the various e-mail loads put on it.

It's feels great to post pictures on it.

Take care,

Liad
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey charley,

you ain't getting past my dawgs with 2 losses, woof, woof, beware of the dog. you guys should invest a scholarship in a field goal kicker, can't win without one. i was really pulling for you guys against the canes. the irish must go down on saturday, good luck to the noles.
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB: “FSU may be the best team ever to not make the National Championship! They're ranked 13 and ND is 6 (3 in the BCS), but check out the line for Saturday's game. Who would you put your money on? ….”

Spanky: “you ain't getting past my dawgs with 2 losses, woof, woof, beware of the dog. you guys should invest a scholarship in a field goal kicker, can't win without one. ….”

Quote from BB: “But I'm wondering what everyone thinks about all the loose, chummy, good-'ol-boy, neighborly, yammering, huggy-bear, blither-blather, how-you-should-live-your-life, chit-chat crap that goes on in the open forum all the time. Shouldn't it be reserved for private e-mails, private messages, dedicated forums or the lounge. Isn't that what the private message option is all about? And isn't that what the lounge is all about? Just hanging out and chillin'?”

Maybe you two guys would rather start a Sports thread in the Lounge Forum or save this kind of “blather” for private e-mail?

Liad Bar-EL

“To have true justice we must have equal harassment under the law.”
---Paul Krassner
Jeff Lambardino

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-10-24 10:30, bugleboy wrote:

Charly

You are right the TH has turned into a chat room other than a place for serious, sincere minded people who want to learn other than just Blather!

Jeff L
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-10-26 22:10, Jeff Lambardino wrote:
You are right the TH has turned into a chat room other than a place for serious, sincere minded people who want to learn other than just Blather!

We're managing to maintain a fairly high level of informational integrity on the Reinhardt forum. Hopefully the blatherheads will realize they're out of their element there.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: