• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Doubles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,
As I posted before, I took some time off from Caruso, because of marching band, but I am back to it full time. I didn't realise what a tremendous impact it has on my playing. I finally am able to last a whole football game with no problems, anway to the reason of my posting. I am starting to tap into the double range. I can hit a Double G about once every 6 days, LoL. On the seconds I get to the High E-F-E interval, but above that it is just mostly squeaks. Should I stop at the E-F-E, or keep going even though the notes are just squeaks? Thanks.
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carmine said to keep going as long as you get even a tiny piece of the notes. I tell my students that if they get even a squeak on any 2 of the 3 notes in an interval study they should keep going. This is one of the basic principles of the Caruso Calisthenics and adherence to it is essential to deriving maximum benefit from their practice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: