• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

HIGH NOON PARTY AT THE CORNISH...BY INGRID JENSEN...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HIGH NOON, This last Friday...INGRID JENSEN gave Nick Dyson and The old Bad Boy...a wonderful noon-till almost 2;30 pm ALMOST PRIVATE PERFORMANCE and clinic workshop at the CORNISH School of the Arts.
*so few in attendance...

(SORRY, NICK! THAT I ALMOST KILLED YOU WHEN I RAN THAT RED LIGHT ON BROADWAY???)
AND THANKS FOR THAT VERY SPECIAL TOUR OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERFORMANCE HALL to ever grace the N/W... CALLED THE ATM!
"ABOUT THE MUSIC"
http://www.aboutthemusic.net/index.html
THIS WILL SURELY BRING MUSICAL BLESSING TO SOOO MANY NW MUSICIANS...THIS PLACE IS GOING TO BE WORLD-CLASS!!! CONGRATS NICK...Ok! back to Ingrid.....

Our deepest thanks for the special invite by Chuck Deardorf, who is the Jazz Gurrrruuuuu who also played HOST and play his bass with Ingrid and her colleagues and directed the workshop.

This affair at the college was extremely under-attended considering that the local jazz station and newpaper had this event listed...

so one can see that only the really dedicated serious jazz study students were in attendence as well as undeserving old toots like me.

(Nick, I didn't count the bodies..but I would say they were less than 35 people...in that beautiful small but quality PONCHO HALL.
to listen to Ingrid and her wonderful and beautiful talent???? After Nick left..Ingrid invited us all down to the stage to ask questions, and this is what made this such a special occation. They illustrated in music...just how they work together. Giving musical illustrations...virtually one on one to those who simply asked. Amazing how these genius young jazz students can pick up and run musically...with about anything. They gave beautiful examples...Gary would start at a simple theme on the piano...Irgid and crew would pick up and then the music would flow with such beautiful grace and how wonderful to watch them work together...Spare of the moment improv??? Yes and No! In some uncanny way....they just seem to compliment and work soooo effortlessly with each others unspoken musical language?
Wow! What talent....

This event was one of those rare gifts...(especially the class and workshop that followed the performance...
Unfortunatly NICK had to bail out and MISS THE FUN AND IMPORTANT STUFF.
Nick...She took your new Calling Card and she thanked us for taking the time to drop by the Cornish on a very busy Friday...and all that jazz.

She started off playing the flug and switched to an equally warm and dense sounding raw-brass BACHISH Looking trumpet.
Ingrid playes as beautifully as she looks. She truly OWNS the warm lush sounds as well as has uncanny abilities to provide endless choices of improvisation.
Her ability to utilize contrasts in her playing and few players...male or female...has such emotion and feeling...with this uncanny ability to really wring out the FEELING AND INTENSITY of a song is truly a wonder to behold.
Check out her website http://www.ingridjensen.com and read about the wonderful members that back her on many of her gigs...Drummer and composer Jon Wikan---The beautiful piano and organ player Gary Versace and the talented and humorus tenor saxman...(uhhh? Nick, the name...was it Seamus Blake?) That doesn't sound right???
I have a great memory..though short.

gotta run...time to fly outta here.

She has such a beautiful style and artistically sensual way of caressing and presenting a song. No wonder she is such favorite of our very own Mr. Adams (who bye the way...after I mentioned to her that during a question and answer period.....that her friend said to say hello. Her face lit up and with a beautiful and bright smile...told every student and guest in the place, just how much she appreciates hearing things like this from her peers and most of all...from such a gifted and outstanding teacher and player...such as Mr. Adams

[ This Message was edited by: BADBOY-DON on 2002-11-04 21:26 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: