• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

High register methods!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ejaime23
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I was wondering if there is any way that a trumpet player can improve their high register by simply sitting down for a few minutes everyday and playing arpeggios leading up to extreme high notes or something, kind of like the Vizzutti studies at the end of his volume 1 book. Does there have to be a method that is used (balanced embouchure, superchops, etc.) to gain high register, or can one just practice regularly without a particular method or changing their embouchure to get there? Thank you for your cooperation.
_trumpetgod_02
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Yes, you could probably sit down and play arppeggios everyday as a way to work on your range. I wouldn't highly recommend it however. One must first make sure that all of the rest of the mechanics of playing are down first. Then coming up with a method to increase your range comes down almost to a matter of preference of which one you like and works best for you.
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<Does there have to be a method that is used (balanced embouchure, superchops, etc.) to gain high register, or can one just practice regularly without a particular method or changing their embouchure to get there? >>

In my experience, some players can just do the exercises and the range will naturally extend to contemporary standards. But the percentage is very, very small. The rest of us need embouchure assistance. If you don't find yourself progressing quite clearly then it's time to investigate other options. I stagnated for many years unnecessarily. Then, I spent many years searching for a "cure". Superchops finally worked for me. I could have played arpeggios, etc. for 4,000 years on my old setup and I would never have improved. Best regards, Kyle
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I was wondering if there is any way that a trumpet player can improve their high register by simply sitting down for a few minutes everyday and playing arpeggios leading up to extreme high notes or something, kind of like the Vizzutti studies at the end of his volume 1 book. Does there have to be a method that is used (balanced embouchure, superchops, etc.) to gain high register, or can one just practice regularly without a particular method or changing their embouchure to get there? Thank you for your cooperation.

...you could try mine! ...it helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses through self evaluation and help you to put a programme of improvement into action.

Roddy o-iii<O http://www.R-o-d-d-d-y-T-r-u-m-p-e-t.cC

"E M B O U C H U R E___E N H A N C E M E N T"
BOOK 1 also... BOOK 2 + demo CD

[Self Analysis and Diagnostic Trumpet Method]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: