• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Websites and Google Listing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
josephus07
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Websites and Google Listing Reply with quote

How do you get your website to show up on a google search for trumpet lessons, weddings, etc.?

Thanks
NTlead
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay them money.
Andiroo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey josephus07 have you coded META tags into your html? They will really help your listings.

http://www.philb.com/metatag.htm

Goes over them. Just google for "meta tag tutorial".

Next you need to get google to notice your site. You dot his by submitting your site to google.

http://www.google.com/addurl/

Now in order to get a decent rank in google you need to get your site listed on popular websites. For example if you reply to this post with your site's url in the form of a link the Google Bot will find it as this is a very popular site and will get scanned by google every few days.

Then goto another popular site where you can post comments and post a relevant comment but include your website url as a signiture. However eitherway you look at it, it's still spam.

Popular sites:
www.myspace.com
www.digg.com

I'm sure you know of lots of sites you could spam it on... If your friends have any sites ask them to put a link to your site from their site on it. Generally the more sites that link to your site the better search rank you will get.

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/ads/

Google AdWords is a good way of advertising your site. However it could be pretty costly to you. Good luck it takes a while to get it listed.

If you need additional help send me a PM.
MilesD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NTlead wrote:
Pay them money.

Lots of money

Trumpet: Red Maestro and Yamaha
Mouthpiece: Holton Heim

wesstewart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilesD wrote:
NTlead wrote:
Pay them money.

Lots of money

To get on the first page or two of the "natural listing" (free text) you need Meta Tags and lots of keyword text on your site. You need many pages; those pages contain your keywords and links to other pages on your site containing your key words. Links to your site from other similar related sites are also taken into consideration. Links from non related sites, in your case Auto Parts, Car Wash, Vacuum Cleaners, etc would not help in the least. I have spent a lot of money with an Search Engine Optimization (SEO) company to get my website optimized for the Free Text search engines. The "Pay per Click" stuff (otherwise known as Sponsored Links) are on the top and right of the "Free Text" area. I have tried the "Sponsored Link" deal and increased traffic and sales, but all profits went to pay for the silly "Pay per Clicks" . Depending on the search engine you bid on how much you are willing to pay for a click and can set limits on daily spending. I spent anywhere from .25 per click to $3 per click. The best bet is to research and do your best to get in the "Free Text" area. It is not a easy task.

Wes
-- Started playing again after 31 years --
www.SouthlakeBand.com
Tristan the man 2000
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type in 'Failure" and hit "I'm feeling lucky," it wont help but I got a good laugh out of it.
Yoder
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many ways. Meta tags is one, rand eciprocal linking is another.

There are some good sites out there that can help you...there is just so much that it is mind-boggling. There is also a technique where you write a page telling the robots what on your site to read. Just do some searchs on "robots" and "spyders." The most important thing is that you need to submit your site to all of the search engines out there. Bottom line is that you can do almost all of it for nothing. Money should not be an issue to becoming famous!

Here is a great source that is free. Web CEO, they will have you download some software (again it is free) and then you submit various pages to search engines via the software. This is probably the most efficient way to get your site out there for free.

WEB CEO
Clarino
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan the man 2000 wrote:
Type in 'Failure" and hit "I'm feeling lucky," it wont help but I got a good laugh out of it.

Doesn't work anymore. It now takes you to the BBC news report of what it used to do.
josephus07
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. This is a lot for me to explore and I appreciate it. Can I have METATAGS if my website was made through doteasy.com? (I haven't had a chance to look at all the info yet, but I will and I do appreciate it very much).

Thanks!
A_Ason
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Websites and Google Listing Reply with quote

josephus07 wrote:
How do you get your website to show up on a google search for trumpet lessons, weddings, etc.?

Thanks

A good start would be to put a link to you website in your posts on TH.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: