• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bud Brisbois

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gchun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an earlier post regarding Bud & his books:

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54225&sid=893b56ba16ccf97ba4a8cf8b6ab40876

Garry
Lucie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bud Brisbois recordings Reply with quote

Tony Scodwell wrote:
I've been told that his wife felt that with Bill Chase's success at the time, Bud should be trying to do a similar thing with his own career. Who knows what drives people to kill themselves, but I've often wondered if that may have put him over the edge. Tony Scodwell, road manager and first trumpet with Doc Severinsen.

Tony,

Just to dispel this rumor that I've had pop up a couple of times over the last few years, I'm the wife (actually ex wife).

I don't even know who Bill Chase is, and I don't think I knew way back then either. For what it's worth, there was a 16 yr. age gap between Bud and I. In no way did Bud ever listen to a darn thing that an 18 yr. old told him. Any career drive he had was strictly his own. I tried to be supportive of his desires to be a singer, but truthfully I felt his pitch was flat and that the likelyhood of his success was small. Maybe I should have had the courage to tell him that rather than tell him what he wanted to hear? I'll always wonder myself. Bud didn't want the band Butane because he wanted to have a band...he only wanted it because he wanted to be a famous singer. Go figure, with all that talent he was very, very unhappy being a studio musician. In hindsight I wish I'd tried to get him some help for his demons but you know, there's a limit to what you can expect from a teenager. I left because it got scary and that's all I want to say about that.

Let's remember Bud as the kind, generous, and mega talented man that he was.
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucie,

I don't know if you will read this but if you do I want you to know that there are many of us who love Bud's playing and by all accounts people who worked with him enjoyed being around him. Like many people it seemed as if he wanted to be something that he wasn't (don't we all at different times) when we have a talent we are much better suited for.

Now, if you take this and combine it with depression or mental illness it becomes worse. I have had friends who suffered from depression and the slightest challenges, perceived or real, or loneliness will really get them down. Then a day or so late they'll call and be on top of the world.

Bud's story just makes me shake my head. It is another example of a person who was gone way before their time. We are lucky to have had him and his talent here for as long as we did. Thank you for your post.

Mike
A.N.A.Mendez
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a thread.

☛ "No matter how cynical you get, it's never enough to keep up" Lily Tomlin☚
PhxHorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud's appearance on Midnight Special can now be seen here at 52 minutes and the last tune:

https://youtu.be/pZ0c3rGYdP0?si=Ghf32EKl5hJ3eyQn
jicetp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://kupdf.net/download/bud-brisbois-trumpet-today_58b082766454a7d23eb1e8f1_pdf
Anthony Miller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link - a great channel as it is, especially for a Brit who wasn't aware of the show. Some great live music (Dionne Warwick in that episode for one).

PhxHorn wrote:
Bud's appearance on Midnight Special can now be seen here at 52 minutes and the last tune:

https://youtu.be/pZ0c3rGYdP0?si=Ghf32EKl5hJ3eyQn
timothyquinlan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jicetp wrote:
https://kupdf.net/download/bud-brisbois-trumpet-today_58b082766454a7d23eb1e8f1_pdf

This is an illegal download. The Brisbois Estate re-released the books and the recordings at qPress, you can find them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: