• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

NCAA Football is back, and...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lh
Claude Gordon Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: NCAA Football is back, and... Reply with quote

.... boy, am I happy!

(interruption) TOUCHDOWN, NEBRASKA!!!!! (but I digress...)

Tonight, I first see a bit of Texas vs North Texas, currently watching Louisiana Tech vs Nebraska from back home in Lincoln, and if I can stay awake, I'll finish the evening with UCLA vs Utah.

Not bad for London, England! I pay £10/month for NASN (North American Sports Network), and in the fall, it is money well spent!

Now if I can only find someone to bring me some roasting ears, a couple Lazlo's microbrews, and a Rib Eye Steak from Misty's, I can achieve Maslow's level of self-actualization.

Cheers all
Selmer Paris model 59 Piccolo 1977
Conn New Invention Cornet 1913
WxJeff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly, it is once again a happy time of the year. Hope springs eternal across the land (well, unless you're a student at Duke University.) Yeah, lh, I guess you have to wait until "Sunday" to catch up on all the Pac-10 scores!
Clarino
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

£10 per month was too much to get what NASN provided, particularly when NFL is on Sky Sports. We got it for the NHL, but that seems to have disappeared, so it seemed a bit pointless to keep paying for it for college (American) Football and MLB (can't get into Baseball).
lh
Claude Gordon Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NASN programming scheme provided fantastic coverage of the NHL last year, especially ALL of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It also does real well with NCAA football and the NCAA basketball tournament. For my tastes, it shows too much MLB (I follow the playoffs and the series, but the rest of the season is a bit much) and way too much NBA (I'll take none, thank you).

Even though I don't really watch it 5 months of the year, it does give me my hit of sports from back home. I find myself watching more and more UK and world sport on BBC, Sky, and Eurosport (football, winter sports, athletics, rugby) each year, although snooker, darts, and international cricket will have to wait.....
Selmer Paris model 59 Piccolo 1977
Conn New Invention Cornet 1913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: