• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

8335LA Bergeron Yamaha

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bartok
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.........but, I've played on 2 8335LA's
Bill Bryant
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like somebody could be brilliantly increasing the anticipation about this horn. Is this a marketing strategy? It's in stock . . . it isn't in stock . . . people have tested it . . . it must have been something else . . . there are only 5 horns out there . . . this April . . . next April . . . a wonderful horn was destroyed just before somebody had a chance to play it . . .

This is almost enough drama for a movie.

If I were marketing this horn I'd be loving it right now!
dschwab
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by dschwab on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
trumpetoid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: 8335LA Reply with quote

Last Tuesday I recieved a new from the factory 8335LA and I sold it the same day. They are being distributed but perhaps not in large quantities.
I hope to see a few more pop thru in the not to distant future. Maybe this time I'll actually have a chance to give it a once over!

Gerry
trumpetgeeksr
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just order one from FERGUSON'S MUSIC. Some one post here on the TH that the store had two in stock. I placed my order via credit card last Thurs. (the guy confirmed he had two in stock). I took his word and bought it on my card........ Now I can't find that post anymore and you guys are scaring the HELL out of me saying it's not on the market till April. WHAT THE @#*%'s going on?!!!
I DON'T WANT THE STOCK YTR-8335, I WANT THE YTR-8335LA!!!

And BTW!! WHat happened to the CD?! It was suppose to be release thru AMAZON on the 10th............ I per-odered that too... anyone else out there needs to used my money?!
AL HIRT autograph model
YAMAHA CUSTOM FLUGEL

Last edited by trumpetgeeksr on Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
gtromble
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandman322 wrote:
Okay -- here is the word directly from Yamaha, straight from one of the Yamaha reps who is in charge of promoting the 8335LA.
NO - zero - none - not even one - Yamaha YTR8335LA trumpets have been released for sale.

Sorry Bandman322 -- I think you've got bad info. As I said earlier, I played the horn, I saw the box it came in, and the L&M rep said it was the first one they'd received to sell.

GT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he definitely got some wrong information. Both Dillons and WWBW have had their first shipment which sold out. Also, trumpettrader.com has one in stock right now. He got it this past week. He asking $2,100 for the one he has and has had a lot of inquiries.

The reason the 8335LA trumpet was delayed was because Yamaha wanted to make more Xenos to take advantage of the Bach Strike. It was originally going to be released in April 2006.

The horn is out and in high demand. Dillons got two and they sold immediately. Also, if Gerry Lopez said he had one in stock - he had one in stock. He is a great guy to deal with.

Mike
trptdave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: 8335LA Bergeron Yamaha Reply with quote

Well I have one of the two from Dillon, but I will be sending it back. Great horn, just not for me. A very light and quick responding horn though. A bonus from me playing it is that I have blown out all the bad notes!!!
Schilke S32HDgbL
Schilke S42
Melk Eb Conversion
Schilke XA1
Schilke P5-4
Schilke 1041L
Thermos
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetgeeksr wrote:

And BTW!! WHat happened to the CD?! It was suppose to be release thru AMAZON on the 10th............ I per-odered that too... anyone else out there needs to used my money?!

Wayne Bergeron wrote:

My new CD "Plays well with others" release date has been delayed until January for marketing reasons.

http://www.waynebergeron.com/

There you go... silly marketting reasons- I'm really looking forward to that CD
bandman322
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stand by the Yamaha Rep I spoke to, but to make sure I dropped Wayne an Email and asked him when the horn will be out. I also asked him to post here on TH to settle this with facts straight from him.
Bb - Bach Strad 180ML-37

"To be a teacher you need to be as good a performer as you can be: you'll have more to impart to your students musically." - John Haynie
trumpetgeeksr
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the players here on the TH are saying that they've played on the YTR-8335LA in stores acorss America, then I'm going to believe that the horn is making it to the market.

And I'm surely not going to tell the guys that's saying he has one on his lap right this minute as he replys the this thread...................
AL HIRT autograph model
YAMAHA CUSTOM FLUGEL
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandman, I don't know who the Yamaha rep is you talked to but he is definitely out of the loop. You can see all the posts from people who have played it and a couple who have bought it and you can go look at an actually picture of one that is for sale on www.trumpettrader.com. I would worry about this rep if I were Yamaha. He must have missed the memo.

Also, if you choose to ignore all your fellow posters on TH you might want to contact Bob Malone or even go to the Yamaha website and email them. Bob would be more up to date on the production status. I am sure they are still gearing up production after the push to get more Xenos in the market. One thing the delay really helped them on was to increase the hype on the horn.

Dave, I see you are sending the horn you bought from Dillons back. How did it compare to the Kanstul 1600?

Mike
miles71
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have in my living room:

8335LA Bb
9335NY Bb
9445CHicago C
B5 Schilke Bb
S42 Schilke Bb
P4-5 Picc (Schilke)

These horns are going to be on display for the Maryland Trumpet Day I am hosting, however I got some of them early to help out the exhibitor with shipping. The Bergeron horns are out and play very nice. First impressions are great, but it doesnt feel like the one I played about a year ago. Since I have the horns early I will get a detailed review on TH as soon as I can.

If you want to try out these horns, I'll see you on Nov 5th. I cant wait to put them up against the stage 1's.
TrpPro
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had two LA's for a week but am just now getting them out of the box. Very hard to tell differences between the two.

1st and 3rd valve slides are perfect as are the valves. One thing I like is that the springs are not super stiff and probably won't need to be trimmed to suit my my taste for lighter action.

First impressions:

All notes above high C (including G) are very stable. I notice a slight bump in the road moving on to the A, but expect it to smooth out with more playing time.

Tone is well centered with edge but still fat.
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miles71 and trppro great first impressions. The other feedback I have heard comparing them to the Kanstul 1600 is that the 8335LA seems to have more core to the sound and the scale is very even. Also, while it has an edge it could be a very versatile horn. It also has better projection then the 1600. The bell is basically the same bell that is is on the 8310Z and Chicago C. The leadpipe is a specially modified Z leadpipe by Bob Malone. It allows a large volume of air with a very quick response.

From what I understand Wayne and Bob Malone went through dozens of modifications until they got it right. It should be a very nice instrument.

By the way, the 9335NYS is by far the best horn I have played so far. It is a remarkable horn. Miles71 it will be interesting what type of feedback you get on the horns.

Mike
trptdave

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: 8335LA Bergeron Yamaha Reply with quote

Well I found this horn to be superior to the Kanstul version for me in all areas. It had a much more even sound in all registers. It could be used as a horn in all situations. The weight was on the lighter side, but that does not mean thin or tinny at all. More brilliance than a 6335 or xeno. It has one tuning slide brace, and that plus the weight adds to the quick response. I preferred it to xenos I have played. Comes with the traditional Yamaha double case, which is the best out there in that style IMHO.

My friend who plays the Vax Yamaha says it played bigger than his. Myself and another lead player thought that it played tighter than some other horns we prefer, including a schilke B1 and of course my Wild Thing, but that makes sense. Both of us commented that we liked the quick response and we probably would get used to the resistance. Overall a very nice horn. I was surprised at the plastic valve guides, that was the only thing I questioned.
Schilke S32HDgbL
Schilke S42
Melk Eb Conversion
Schilke XA1
Schilke P5-4
Schilke 1041L
waynardb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Yamaha 8335LA info from Wayne B. Reply with quote

This may be old news to some of you after reading this mornings posts but someone had asked me to post this information.
Here's what I know. Well...what I think I know.
As far as an official release date, who knows? It has changed a few times because of various logistical reasons. As far as prototypes... I have the only prototype. There were 10 pre-production models floating around the world a while back. I believe they are all back in NYC at the Yamaha custom shop at this point. These horns were made for testing and feedback before we made our final decision to give Yamaha Japan the go ahead with manufacturing. A few minor changes where made to these horns to get them up to snuff. This delayed final production a bit but I wanted all the horns to play exactly like my prototype.

The first 6 official production horns where shipped to my house for testing about 6 weeks ago. Bob Malone & I had a little trumpet party here for local players to try the horns. Five of those horns where sold that day and I kept a lacquer one for myself. I did a call from Ferguson music in Tujunga, CA and was told that 4 have arrived at his store as well. Anaheim Band also has 2 of the horns as of last week. A student from TX that told me he ordered one from WWBW and it arrived damaged. Anyway, there was some question of the horns availability, apparently horns are being shipped. I would love to get any feedback on the horn from those that have tried it.

All the Best,

Wayne Bergeron
www.waynebergeron.com
DCB1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I say it is great to see you on the forum Mr.B. It is nice to see the big guys giving some us some advice and input. I enjoy your playing immensely and might just have to give the new horn a try.

Thanks again!

Peace
Curry
Bach
Selmer Radial
Kanstul
Holton
Amati
Conn
Dave H
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandman322 wrote:
I'll stand by the Yamaha Rep I spoke to, but to make sure I dropped Wayne an Email and asked him when the horn will be out. I also asked him to post here on TH to settle this with facts straight from him.

Yamaha dealers and reps aren't always fully in the know. A good friend of mine is a district rep, and I asked him how I could try out the EM model. He said they weren't availble in the US. I told him that I KNEW there were some in the US. He checked into it, and sure enough, I could get it. They have so many instruments to keep track of, and they seem to play games at the top.
Mikester
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was surprised at the plastic valve guides, that was the only thing I questioned.

trptdave - read your comment about the plastic valves guides. Little history, I was fortunate enough to spend a few hours with Wayne and Bob Malone at the Grand Rapids, MI facility during prototype horn building day (late spring 2005). Bob and I listened to Wayne from various distances. As you can imagine, it was great to hear him live with his great control of the upper register. At one point, Bob switched the plastic valve guides for metal. The difference in tone was immediatedly noticeable. Bob asked my opinion, and I told him I preferred the plastic guides (I too was suprised).

Anyway, Bob and Wayne would have come to this conclusion on their own. But, I was given the chance to speak and they incorporated the plastic guides. So, I feel I had a tinybit of input into their project.

BTW, the one from Wayne's garage that was at ITG was the best of the 3. Bob M. waited until I was finished to give that particular horn to Arturo to play test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: