• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Fanfare for the Common Man - Philadelphia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Fanfare for the Common Man - Philadelphia Reply with quote

The Philadelphia / Ormandy recording of the Fanfare for the Common Man to my ears is the reference recording for this piece. The unison playing is so flawless, the balance is wonderful.

Question for the old timers here:
I never saw Seymour Rosenfeld (2nd trpt) play anything other than his Bb (which instrument?). Was he playing it here? Who else is on this recording? When and where was it recorded? I only have it on a compilation with no notes.
david johnson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to talk with Rosenfeld after a concert once. I remember he fished his Lucite rimmed mouthpiece out of his coat pocket and sang its praises Gilbert Johnson was probably playing 1st on that recording. Maybe Donald McComas was on it, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: