• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Couesnon Triebert Moderne Flugelhorn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexT25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Couesnon Triebert Moderne Flugelhorn Reply with quote

What does everyone think of this horn? I need some feedback on this horn. Great Condition. I have one and I am trying to get rid of it. Good horn janddgossett@charter.net email for pics. Please Reply.
Thanks
jazz_trpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they were either manufactured my Couesnon or modeled after them. I played one for a few years on the road, they're nice horns. (Mine needs an overhaul but I'd use it anytime.)

I thint someone's got one in silver plate with a third valve trigger add-on in the marketplace, but I could be wrong about that.

Would be curious about other details about the horn, just out of curiosity.
so what
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Couesnon Triebert Moderne Flugelhorn Reply with quote

AlexT25 wrote:
What does everyone think of this horn? I need some feedback on this horn. Great Condition. I have one and I am trying to get rid of it. Good horn janddgossett@charter.net email for pics. Please Reply.
Thanks

Made by Couesnon and identical except for the bell engraving.
-Mark Walberg
Oldboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:59 am    Post subject: Cousenon Flugel v Triebert ( Cousenon) Flugel Reply with quote

Bought a Triebert Flugel ( re-badged by Cousenon) based on some glowing reviews
Including things like 'make your partner cry with the beautiful sound'
etc. Having tested some of the modern cousenon flugels it really is only marginally darker and warmer than these and nowhere near the warmth and tone of the oldies.
I sold a 1922 Cousenon which had the best sound ever and regretted it. That was until I picked up an old Monopole of similar vintage and wow, nothing modern can match it. My main Flugel is an Adams F5, obviously a bit of class but when I want some soft moody ballads you're can't beat it even with the usual intonation issues.

Last edited by Oldboy on Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: