• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

French Fingering system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doublebuzz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Amigos
I was wondering if anyone has heard of the "French" fingering system. My teacher told me that a french trumpet player named Marcel LePeau came up with it in the 1860's. Is this true? I think think this may be how the French play all of those difficult etudes. I think they take the emphasis off of the playing and on the fingers. Because like my teacher says, "If you are thinking about your fingers then you can't think about how you sound." I figure he's right. Because if he's not I am wasting 25 bucks every week!! He is a great player. If this is the case about the French fingering system then does this have anything to do with why the French always surrender?
War Charlier
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As im french..well i would be suppose to know the answer but i seriously dont. I know how to name note...Fingering is the same!!! there is no French high C and english high c.. as i know it is the same!!! can you be more specific

52' Olds Recording LA
Wick gold 4X

-=0=-Music is what gives us the beat, but it is also what makes beat our heart -=0=-
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that some of the European players use the third valve a lot more on A's and E's and whenever else it can be substituted. I'm not sure if this is what you're refering to or not.

Matt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yoinks
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your teacher Doublebuzz????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: