• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

strike- union busting update

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess some of the replacement workers have found a way to bring their wages up in this rough economy. these are some of the workers that our Steinway CEO Dana Messina was bragging about in his conference calls.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009901130190
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A under paid worker of the new true Bach seeks wage relief from Steinway CEO Dana Messina.
click here
lmf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conned-By-Selmer,

The employee in question apparently is a thief. It probably had nothing to do with her wage which was probably reasonable. If you would be trying to make the case that those upset with their wages are stealing, you would have to prove that more than one is stealing.

It is likely that this is an isolated incident unless you can prove a "theft ring" of employees are stealing instruments from the factory to sell to pawn shops or to other individuals.

What gives you the impression that the behavior of this one employee is indicative of all employees?

Best wishes,

Lloyd
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd again you are missing the point my friend.
1. I am really not trying to prove anything.
2. The only thing I am trying to do is expose the incompent management at Steinway Musical under the leadership of CEO Dana Messina and entertain people like me who haven't got a life ,after it was stolen from them by people like Messina.
Since Mr Messina seen fit to constantly brag about the quality of his new workers I just couldn't resist trying to rub his nose in it a little, so please forgive me.
Getting back to the point ,invetory is held in October, this is January of a new year, and the police had to call Conn Selmer to see if they were missing horns. Conn selmer had to take another inventory to realize they were gone . That is my point ,and I consider that poor management.
It is fun debeating Evil Steinway musical with you Lloyd as you seem to be the only one reading my post anymore. I Think my anti union pals maybe have found something more constructive to do than respond to me, and that is fine with me.
Have a good day Lloyd, at our age we haven't got that many of them left.
Connedbyselmer
lmf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conned byselmer,

You mean you aren't planning to stick around until you are a hundred years old?

Best wishes,

Lloyd
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Lloyd I can plan all I want but as I am sure you know in the end it is his will that will be done not mine.
Where are all my union hater pals that were trying to give advice to the moderators ? I miss those sneeky little guys.
westview1900
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connedbyselmer, I wish you luck. If there is one good thing to come out of this economic mess which we are in it is that business will be forced to go back to the basics to make a profit. No more banks inflating profits with sub prime mortgages or other shell game tactics. Value will become more important and companies which put out a quality product will survive. Companies with too many layers of management will suffer. It's good long term economic policy for companies to pay their trained workers who actually add value to their product well enough to retain them. That being said, there are certain industries such as autos and musical instruments which compete with Asian manufacturers who will have to be run very efficiently to remain competitive. Health care costs are provided by most of the respective governments and paid for by taxation of the general populace. In the U.S., if the manufacturer provides health care insurance, it is a cost item which the foreign competitor does not have. It seems like U.S. manufacturers don't have a level playing field.
http://www.paulsen.com/
Stephen Colbert for president
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W1900,

I would comment but I think discussion of politics is banned. Let me say however, that the people bent on cheating others will continue to do so regardless of the economy.

Last edited by LittleRusty on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
westview1900
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. I crossed the line into politics. Sorry folks.
http://www.paulsen.com/
Stephen Colbert for president
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty & West you guys are both right, and in the end all we can do is express our own biased opinions on what we feel is right ,based on the information we receive through our sences re-laid to our own little pea brains. I have got to constantly remind myself it is HIS WILL be done not mine. But I must admitI still like to try and inject mine sometimes.
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Conned -

have you ever considered moving to sunny CA and working for Zig Kanstul? I wonder what working conditions are like there? Somehow he manages to have a flourishing business ...
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great but my 40 years making instruments is pretty much over now and it was a good ride and privilege working for a great company like Selmer. Notice I didn't say Conn - Selmer who got taken over by people like Steinway CEO Dana Messina and company who have ties with the criminal element (MICHAEL MILKEN) who are still seeking to destroy the company in the name of corporate profit and greed.
When I was young making my big money at SELMER I must admit that I could care less about all the old farts working there. Now that I am on the other side of the fence I see things a little different (ahh wisdom).
I love reading the post of some of the union haters and wonder what their age is and how they will feel when their turn to be thrown out with the trash by corporate america .
Steinway conn- selmer is an evil company, not because they make bad products,but because of the evil (mind set)of their executives which is higher profits at any cost, including stealing death benefits from the deceased .
If this nation doesn't wake up soon maybe all the musicians and all of us people will be playing and singing the blues.
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

razeontherock wrote:
Hey Conned -

have you ever considered moving to sunny CA and working for Zig Kanstul? I wonder what working conditions are like there? Somehow he manages to have a flourishing business ...

Ever been through Zig's shop?
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say no. He sounds like a great guy though from what I have heard.
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_(A_to_Z)/Stocks_S/threadview?m=tm&bn=10967&tid=1318&mid=1318&tof=1&frt=2
lmf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, connedbyselmer,

The Yahoo message when accessing the link says:

"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

Best wishes,

Lloyd
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Lloyd , don't know if this will work either but I will try. You aren't really missing anything anyway just another one of my rants against evil Steinway Musical.

Try This
lmf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connedbyselmer,

The link above worked.

It will be interesting to see which direction the government will go on this issue. Right now the government has not been successful preventing businesses from letting people go. The businesses do what they want to do whether they be union or non-union. Workers are "human resources" which indicate to me that they have been considered "disposable resources." Human workers are treated as "disposable raw products" of manufacturing and business. Many business owners, executives and management must not have a conscience anymore. You have noted that they take care of themselves though.

Best wishes,

Lloyd
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have got it exactly right Lloyd. I guess I just can't get use to people being treated like everything else in our throw away, disposable, society.
When I worked for Selmer we had local management that treated people like family. When Selmer got bought out by corrupt corporate raiders they treated you like trash and put you on the street with everything else they felt that have out lived their usefulness .
Steinway Musical- Conn selmer has morally bankrupt, unethical leadership based on the philosopy to BIG to fail.
lmf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connedbyselmer,

There is a point in cost-cutting when a business is expected to make high quality products that it begins to "eat itself" and lackluster sales won't cover the losses. If the quality of the products deteriorate to the point of not being trusted, buyers will go elsewhere. Add to that the present economy where buyers are reluctant to spend money on non-essentials, you can see "darker days" are approaching for Steinway and Conn-Selmer. The problem I see is that not only are the older union workers in trouble, so are the newer employees. Some manufacturing plants have been closed and eliminated for lesser reasons facing Steinway/Conn-Selmer. The business climate for all industries today is brutal thus affecting employees who appear to be human a.ka. "disposable resources." Sad, isn' it? But, the big wigs still get the big bucks irregardless which they earn off the backs of the workers.

Best wishes,

Lloyd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: