• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

conn-selmer closes another one

View previous topic :: View next topic  
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: conn-selmer closes another one Reply with quote

• Steinway Musical says unit to close facility, cut jobs
at Reuters (Tue, Dec 4)
Steinway CEO Dana Messina corporate strategy is right on schedule, buy up all the competition, then cry over capacity, and cheat lifelong workers out of there jobs by closing their factorys.
CEO Messina, his partner ,President Kyle Kirkland who both worked with the convicted corporate criminal Michael Milken at Drexal Burnham after they ruined that company and the books DEN OF THIEVES & THE PREDATORS BALL came out ,then went their seperate ways. Milken went to jail, Messina and kirkland went to work in the music business figuring out how to take profitable companys like The SELMER CO and turn them around by buying them out in leveraged buy outs with junk bonds then slowly destroying them with greed based corporate decisions.
My advice to Dana Messina would be get back with Milken again and seek some good moral advice, because I understand since Milken got out of prison,had a brush with death he has turned his life and morals around, and has become ,according to FORBS MAGAZINE in the top 300 of the richest people in the world.
Listen to Steinways archived 3rd quarter onference call and hear how one investor questioned messina about his managment short comings before he got cut off from asking any futher questions.• Steinway Musical says unit to close facility, cut jobs
at Reuters (Tue, Dec 4)
• Conn-Selmer to Close Kenosha Facility
PR Newswire (Tue, Dec 4)
Tyler Williams
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to write a petition against Messina and Kirkland? I'm thinking there's got to be some action that we can take. My heart goes out for the people that have been screwed by Conn-Selmer. It's not right. I wonder if Messina has any conscience.
brem
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on how the votes for deunionization turned out?
Bach Stradivarius Bb Model 37 * #124xxx (circa 1975)
Yamaha YFH-731 Flugelhorn #000xxx - Yamaha 14F4-GP
Getzen Eterna 940
Conn Connquest 20A Cornet 1954
Yamaha YCR-2330S Cornet
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brem wrote:
Any updates on how the votes for deunionization turned out?

The hearing starts tomorrow in South Bend. Since over 100 votes have been challenged by the company and the NLRB is predominately republican the union doesn't stand much of a chance. It is my understanding even if the union prevails in the vote it then must go to Washington DC for final recomdation. With the anti labor movenment in Washington it is in reality over.
There was a good article here in the paper about how the NLRB was originally set up to help the common worker with their issues against corporate America, and how the republicans have turned the tables on the worker and now the NLRB is pro company.
You must also remember that the UAW is representing us ,and how bad do you really think they want to see us win in this nearly 2 year old strike to continue paying us benfits ? Messina has already said he won't change anything even if he is forced back to the table.
The one good thing we have accomplished is we have fought the good fight against evil. exposed CEO Dana Messina for miss management of a once great company and cost Steinway well over $20,000.000.00 and rising, in strike related cost. It will take Steinway a few years to make up for Messina's bad managment Decisions, that he could have acomplished with correct moral decisions, and got by a lot less expensive.
Since Messina and Kirkland hold controlling interest in Steinway they do not have to answer to anyone about their managment style.
Michael Milken taught them well , didn't he?
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Williams wrote:
Would it be possible to write a petition against Messina and Kirkland? I'm thinking there's got to be some action that we can take. My heart goes out for the people that have been screwed by Conn-Selmer. It's not right. I wonder if Messina has any conscience.

These guys have legally done nothing wrong. It is usually not against the law to lie, cheat and screw your workers if you can get away with it.
Yes we have filled many petitions with the real chief CEO, GOD, we are just waiting for an answer.As with Enrons ,Ken lay,( dead), Jeffery Skilling (prision) and countless other corporate criminalls, the judgment day will come in his time, not ours. Till then we will just wait , watch , and pray.
PRAY FOR YOUR ENEMIES PRAY FOR MESSINA
Tyler Williams
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pray that he sees the error of his ways (or maybe he has but he has no conscience) and that he will right his wrongs. Meanwhile, I will not support Conn-Selmer by buying their horns, nor will I endorse the company. Somebody asks me about their horns, I will advise against their horns. If only a boycott could be organized. But that would lead to more cut jobs and factory closures most likely.
Nickyboy2
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't really care for their horns anyway. Maybe it is the fact that I was one of 2 at my middle school with a Getzen, not a Bach. Or that even in highschool when they let us test them at school I didn't like how they played. Needless to say, I am not an advocate of Bach

Edit: That is not to say that it is a sad thing that one of the biggest instrument companies is getting run into the ground by a mone grubbing crook

Getzen 300 Series (Lacquer)
Zeus Guarnerius (Copper, Nickel. Brass)
1918 C.G Conn Wonder Cornet (silver)
NYTC Stage 1 California C (Silver)
demeterK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pray that he sees the error of his ways (or maybe he has but he has no conscience) and that he will right his wrongs. Meanwhile, I will not support Conn-Selmer by buying their horns, nor will I endorse the company. Somebody asks me about their horns, I will advise against their horns. If only a boycott could be organized. But that would lead to more cut jobs and factory closures most likely.
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="demeterK"]I will pray that he sees the error of his ways (or maybe he has but he has no conscience) and that he will right his wrongs. Meanwhile, I will not support Conn-Selmer by buying their horns, nor will I endorse the company. Somebody asks me about their horns, I will advise against their horns. If only a boycott could be organized. But that would lead to more cut jobs and factory closures most likely.
A boycott was started sometime ago with moderate success. Professional musicians and their union leadership in LA, San Francisco ,Las Vegas, Chicago, NewYork, and our best support of all from our good union brothers and sisters in Japan who demonstrated on our behalf against Nonaka, Conn- Selmer # 1 dealer . Also some moral, ethical American dealers have stopped doing business with Steinway- Conn- Selmer, and to them the former union workers at Vincent Bach corporation wish to extend to them a heartfelt thank you. This strike has cost CEO Dana Messina well over 21 million dollars and rising to date. That may be a small amount to a little man ,with a big ego, but it has exposed his unethica leadership and his bad managment to the industry and the world.
While it may be true, like Messina claims , that this may be costly in the short term, but in the long run after the union is destroyed, wages and benefits are cut futher, the strike related cost will be recouped, and profits will be increased futher.
As us workers have stated before, We have fought the good fight against evil and we will sit back and watch if a unethical, morallybankrupt company will prosper or go the way of all flesh.
spitvalve
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

connedbyselmer wrote:

A boycott was started sometime ago with moderate success. Professional musicians and their union leadership in LA, San Francisco ,Las Vegas, Chicago, NewYork, and our best support of all from our good union brothers and sisters in Japan who demonstrated on our behalf against Nonaka, Conn- Selmer # 1 dealer . Also some moral, ethical American dealers have stopped doing business with Steinway- Conn- Selmer, and to them the former union workers at Vincent Bach corporation wish to extend to them a heartfelt thank you. This strike has cost CEO Dana Messina well over 21 million dollars and rising to date. That may be a small amount to a little man ,with a big ego, but it has exposed his unethica leadership and his bad managment to the industry and the world.
While it may be true, like Messina claims , that this may be costly in the short term, but in the long run after the union is destroyed, wages and benefits are cut futher, the strike related cost will be recouped, and profits will be increased futher.
As us workers have stated before, We have fought the good fight against evil and we will sit back and watch if a unethical, morallybankrupt company will prosper or go the way of all flesh.

I've been hiding under a rock lately. I thought the strike was over. It's not?
1999 Getzen Eterna 700S
1977 Getzen Eterna 895S Flugelhorn
1969 Getzen Capri cornet
1995 UMI Benge 4PSP piccolo trumpet
Warburton and Stomvi Flex mouthpieces
connedbyselmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spitvalve wrote:
connedbyselmer wrote:

I've been hiding under a rock lately. I thought the strike was over. It's not?

Strike is still going on, but it should be over next month , as Steinway CEO Dana Messina gets his union decertification vote sanctioned by the republican led NLRB.
Your book sounds great, think I am going out and buy it for my daughter for Christmass, she just loves sorries about animals and yours sounds great. Thanks for the tip and have a great Christmass.
Jude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats! I suppose the boycott includes the Vintage One? I don't need a new horn, not until I can play a lot better than I do now, but the V1 is what I intended to look at first.
Bach 7C mpc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: