• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Go to P168

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russhobby

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Go to P168 Reply with quote

Maybe I`m an odd person wanting to go to P168 in the Go to Pages but how can I get there in reasonable time? Sure I can click next, next , next .... but this takes ages. Is there a direct route?
iubkud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on page 2. Look at the URL. The number that says &start=20. Change 20 to whatever page you want (in this case, 168) multiply that by 20, then subtract 20. Or just multiply it by one less than the page you want. So change &start=20 to &start=3340 which is (168-1)/20. It's not a direct route, but it's simple enough.
russhobby

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks iubkud, the click on 2 you mean the 2 of e.g. 1, 2,3 thru` to 168. OK but I see no URL. Russ
swthiel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russhobby wrote:
Thanks iubkud, the click on 2 you mean the 2 of e.g. 1, 2,3 thru` to 168. OK but I see no URL. Russ

Click on the "2" of the 1,2,3 list, the look at the URL in the browser address bar. The URL will look something like this:
Code:
http://trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57087&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

The "start=" at the end of the URL is what iubkud is talking about.
russhobby

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK iubkud and swthiel, got the URL you are referring to but it only shows up when the mouse pointer is held over the 2. If you click on it you end up at the address and a Done sign. If you move the pointer off the 2 to go to the Start=20 bit to change it, then immediately the URL disappears. Looks like I need some more input please. Russ
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the URL in my browser (IE7) from page two of another thread in this forum:

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72519&start=20

The pages have 20 posts each, so to get to page e.g. 168 change that last 20 to 168*20-20 (or, 167*20 -- the page you want less one for the first page in the list) and you should be there.

HTH - Don
swthiel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russhobby wrote:
OK iubkud and swthiel, got the URL you are referring to but it only shows up when the mouse pointer is held over the 2. If you click on it you end up at the address and a Done sign. If you move the pointer off the 2 to go to the Start=20 bit to change it, then immediately the URL disappears. Looks like I need some more input please. Russ

Which browser are you using?
russhobby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox Steve.
OzTrumpeteer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

russhobby wrote:

They are talking about changing the number in the address bar at the top of the browser. It works the same in Firefox.

If you go into the thread from the thread title or from the home page, the URL won't have the "start=" part, so you do need to click on a page number first (either within the thread or from the index page).
swthiel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

russhobby wrote:

Got it. In Firefox (at least in my installation), when the mouse hovers over a link the URL for the link is displayed in a bar at the bottom of the browser frame. When you click on the link, you'll go to the linked page and the address will be displayed in the address bar at the top of the page. You should be able to change the start= number in the address bar.
russhobby

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep got it. It`s a big URL and you`ve got to move it to the left, but no probs. Thanks all. Russ
veery715
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Now I don't understand!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: