• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Donald S. Reinhardt and Jeff Smiley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetjunkie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Donald S. Reinhardt's And Jeff Smiley's teachings compatible? I am learning Jeff Smiley's method, and it seems to work very well. Do these two teachings contradict each other at all? Just curious.
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff and I exchanged books awhile back, and I will say that by merely skimming through his book I saw some definite contradictions between what Doc taught and what Jeff teaches.

I will go so far as to say that the two methods of teaching are fundamentally incompatible.

I told Jeff that I would probably not be adopting his approach, and he respected that. In fact, he told me something to the effect that he would've lost respect for me if I had discarded that which has resurrected me from the dead (the Pivot System), abandoning that in favor of something (anything) else.

"If we don't stand for something, we'll fall for anything." I stand proud and tall as an advocate of what Doc Reinhardt taught me and I don't feel the need to try something I find to be contradictory.

I will readily acknowledge that Jeff's methods are working great for many people. I will also acknowledge every bit as readily that Doc Reinhardt's methods are working great for many people. I seriously doubt that anyone could successfully adopt both simultaneously. It's a personal choice, I guess.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: