• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New 'Eclipse' Pro Horn from the UK

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been my great pleasure to be associated with Eclipse/First Class Brass! Leigh, John, and everyone involved is First Class! Gary Wilder has done an awesome job with the website!

In addition to what Leigh has said, I want to mention Eclipse Artists: Noel Langley, Henry Lowther, and Byron Wallen, in particular... along with US Artists: Trent Austin, Dennis Reynolds, and Mike Wade... as players that I've had the privilege of getting to know, who have made it an even greater pleasure to be involved with such a wonderful product! The words on a page fall short of what we can say when we are making music. Hearing creativity flow from Eclipse trumpets and flugels speaks volumes about the horns!

I would like to say a special "Thanks!" to all of the people in the States that have purchased Eclipse trumpets from me... and also, to those who are waiting patiently for their new Eclipse trumpets to arrive! I love receiving all of the glowing e-mails, over and over again, from the happy owners of these great horns! Please e-mail me, or give me a call.... ask questions, and come try the Eclipse trumpets that I have. Thanks!

Leigh and John... "Well done, mates!"

Cheers!
Bruce

PS: Please note that my address and phone number has changed from what is on the link.
deleted_user_c11c97e

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Leigh for the kind words!!
Thanx are in order also to Bruce Lee, without him I would have never had my first Eclipse. (Long story)
This is a company that I believe in strongly; those of you that own an eclipse or have dealt with Leigh McKinney know why. All this success is richly deserved, and I'm honored to be part of the team.

Duty First
6pk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh

I am very interested in the Large bore C trumpet I've heard a rumour you are working on with Ian Balmain, (who we 'd all love to sound like!).

Also which John did you mean. you have a few of us worried

JoN
Former Principal Trumpet:
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra 2003-10
Eclipse Trumpets
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The large bore C trumpet is indeed in development and Ian is helping us to acheive a great C trumpet.

Like you said, who could be better to get for that job?

As far as JOHN, i meant my business partner john whom was very very skeptical about making trumpets and sinking all of our money into it.

He is a lot happier about it these days.

All the best

Leigh
FreshBrewed
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music Matters,

Glad to see you went with the Savannah finish. Hope you enjoy the flugel. When I get back from Iraq, there may be one waiting on me at the house. It will be a twin of my Eclipse Bb as far as finish, Savannah with gold accents. I can't wait to get my hands on that flugel.

Leigh and John you guys are simply amazing craftsmen. Not to mention, you're both really nice guys. Keep up the great work and congratulations on all of your success so far. Give Radka and Shannon my best.

Those who roll up their sleeves rarely lose their shirts!

Eclipse MHY Bell- Savannah Finish
music matters
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

You will be in for a treat! - the flugel plays absolutely wonderfully and looks stunning. I am having great fun playing it - it is a real pleasure. The sound, intonation, response are all fantastic. When I spoke to Leigh on the phone a few weeks ago he was doing two flugels in Savannah at the time - mine which is straight Savannah, and one with gold accents - I wonder if that was yours? I really like the short throw valves too - couldn't sing its praises enough. A friend of mine played it yesterday who is a very decent jazz player and he said it was the nicest flugel he has ever played! You were right about the finish - wonderful. Are you having Fresh Brewed in the bell again?

Graham.
I_Wanna_Scream

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,

Something to see this thread come back again!!!

I would just like to add my appreciation of what Leigh and John have achieved in the past eighteen months, including making me the proud owner of an Eclipse.

I knew nothing of Leigh and John when I walked into their factory to have my Olds Cornet refurbished. The resultant overhaul was amazing, as was their friendly nature. Leigh's interest in showing me the proto-type Eclipse was truly endearing and I felt priviledged to have tried it at that stage. Seeing what has been achieved since only enhances that feeling. They deserve their success, I saw just a little of the effort and anguish that went into making this superb range of horns.

Well done all of you (including Carl!), I'll drop by again soon for a coffee!!.

Graham
....and many more!!!

Try everything in life at least once...................except incest and folk dancing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: