• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Besson 2-20 Trombone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ireburg

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Besson 2-20 Trombone Reply with quote

I was recently given a Besson 2-20 Trombone # 482824 Silver Finish. I am told it was likely built for the Salvation Army in England hence the unique Silver Finish. I have so far been unable to obtain a manufacturing date from the many web lists or any reliable history. Can anyone out there help. AllanB
mffan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list I have has all Boosey and Hawkes brass together after they took over Besson . The 2-20 cornets and trumpets I have seen were mostly from the 60's. This list, from saxworks would place your bone around 1970. There have been threads either here or on TM about Salvationist instruments.and a lot of Besson threads.I can't vouch for the accuracy , but I use it for dating my Besson cornet and trumpet. The 2-20's were a student grade horn, from all I have seen.

www.kalamazooconcertband.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: