• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Sorry

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnsboy,

Unlike your posts mine were carefully worded so they didn't discuss religion. In fact I went to great lengths to respond to your religious discussions without responding in kind. Perhaps that is why you thought I was being condescending.

Also, I don't understand why you keep referring to me as a religious right wing. I might in fact be one, but I have not posted anything religious in years, since long before you joined.

Please check my posts, you will see that I have never responded to any of the threads asking for prayer saying that I would pray. I have no pious attitude, but if you wish to continue to misconstrue my motives and beliefs please feel free to.

The incident with your designs *really* sucks. If it is not prying did you try any legal recourse?
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my sympathy on your terrible experience.

Being asked if you'll be there on Sunday after that sort of takes the cake, doesn't it?

Anyway, best of luck in future endeavors. I hope they turn out much better. It sounds like you're owed some good Karma, hopefully.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsboy wrote:
"My posts were entirely intended as discussion."

And discussion of things religious is verboten.

I know others on this forum participate in church related ritual and ceremony. Some of that is music, prayer, liturgy . . . and, in my opinion, none of it is supposed to be discussed nor practiced on Trumpetherald. Praying is practicing religion. I know the UA doesn't specifically prohibit religious practices being carried out on their site . . . don't you think, perhaps, practicing a religious ritual is likely to be even more offensive than merely discussing it? You can use that bogus "it doesn't specifically say we can't pray" defense . . . but it's a nonsense argument and you should know it without me telling you so.

These comments suggest that a bit of clarification of the "no religion or politics" policy is in order.

Our moderation policy was developed during a period of intense debate (and nasty exchanges) several years ago. A Religion/Politics Forum was formed to contain the arguments, but things still got out of hand. The current policy was developed by and with the site owner. The entire moderation team is on-board with the policy and it is working well.

The policy does not forbid members from asking for prayers, responding to such requests, discussing what they played for Easter or Christmas services (Sukkot, Ramadan, whatever), or discussing choices of music for a church service. Brief mentions of religion in signatures are generally OK unless used for a "stealth" discussion. We would reconsider if we were overrun with prayer requests, but that has not been a problem in the past and is not a problem now.

Finally, we would like to repeat that if a user sees a post that they believe violates the Usage Agreement or the site's policies, the appropriate response is to contact Moderators rather than starting an open forum discussion on whether or not a post is appropriate.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: