• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Blackburn Leadpipes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I know this should go under horns, but I figured I would get more responses that I can use here.

What are your opinions about putting a Blackburn pipe on a Bach C trumpet. I tried one that I really liked. It helped the horn play much more evenly and centered everything up. My only concern is losing a bit of the "traditional" sound. What do you guys think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bartok
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally play on a Bach 229/25H and had a 239/25 laying around so I experimented with it. I put on a Blackburn 19-350 (I think that is what it was). It was ok.....but it didn't give me the same timbre that I got out of a normal bach....It was worth a try though.....so I sold it. Wasn't terrible though! The intonation was a bit better...but that wasn't enough to make me change.
KevinInGeorgia
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think using a Blackburn leadpipe on a Bach is going to make you lose the Bach sound.. The Bach Bell is what I think is the important piece to the sounds.. Think about how many people put a Back bell on the Schilke Eb/D's to help get a Bach orchestral sound.. I've used a Blackburn 15lt on my Bb for years & always been able to blend.

I would record yourself with the Bach Leadpipe & the Blackburn leadpipe & also play some excerpts for some one that you trust & ask them what diffrences they hear.

“Heroes turn into martyrs on this instrument.” ~ William Vacchiano
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys. That's about what I was expecting to hear. My initial impression was that it makes a big enough difference for me at this point that I would like to switch. I still like the sound a lot, it is just slightly different. Again, I appreciate the responses!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: