• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamalube

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tptlobotomy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Yamalube Reply with quote

Yamaha needs to expand some of their products into other areas... Yamalube for brass instruments and your high performance sporting vehicle's engine, please can you give us that?!
tptlobotomy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't need to change their description either (besides "engine team"):

"The Yamalube® Advantage
Yamalube is precisely formulated to enhance the performance of your Yamaha and offer exceptional protection against wear and tear. Yamalube is developed by the Yamaha engine team, and is extensively tested in both lab and real-world conditions. When you choose Yamalube, you can be confident that you have one of the best performing oils available for your Yamaha. Look for the unique diamond plate design™ on the bottle and you’ve found it. Yamalube - Performance in a Bottle™."

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/yamalube.aspx
sunburstbasser
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trumpet racks on the ATVs?
Selmer 24B Lightweight K-Mod
ohiotpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Yamalube Reply with quote

tptlobotomy wrote:
Yamaha needs to expand some of their products into other areas... Yamalube for brass instruments and your high performance sporting vehicle's engine, please can you give us that?!

Will it enhance your pleasure and duration of play while it increases the transfer of warmth and sensation between you and your audience?
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First they need to get an alloy that is durable and not finicky as it ages then they need an oil that will extend the useful life by preventing most wear!LOL
tptlobotomy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's performance in a bottle afterall, or that's just my beer.
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully all joking aside if they really wanted to tackle the issue and truly developed a really good oil product designed to protect the valves from premature wear and corrosion they have the R&D funds to do it. I do not think Yamaha has really put the R&D into it's valve oil that it has put into the minimum oil standards for it's motor cycles and other gasoline powered off road and water craft!

Their current product is very much a lowest common denominator kind of product! It is not a cutting edge product that is for sure!

From and MBA's point of view you never give the customer more then they are asking for especially if you would have to spend money to research the issue!

In fact to the best of my knoldge no manufacture of brass instruments has put forth any data with reguard to it's valves and valve oil. No minimum viscosity, Cst, evaporation rate,no standard SAE corrosion test etc......It is truly the wild wild west and anything goes with regard to valve oil! Not surprising though because most musicians it seems have serious allergies to science and fact and logical reasoning preferring the esoteric anything goes type of system!LOL I am joking by the way about that last part since so many take me serious when I am joking I figured I had better start point this out!LOL

It is very simple though when you stop and think about it. We have standards and minimums set by Automotive Manufactures for their various engines, my lawn mower,tractor and snow blower all have minimum standards and recommendations for the oil to use. Granted you do not have to follow the recomendations but it is their to give the owner some idea of how they can best get the manufactures best compromise between fuel economy, power output and durability. You know that if you follow that you will at the very least not cuase any premature damage and will get the minimum level of protection the OEM tested the engine under. You can always make changes to the oil you use based on scientific testing under the conditions your application see's.

I do not drink Asian Beer so Yamahlube would not be on any of my beer bottles!LOL I like Sam Adams, New Castle and a variety of local micro brews.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: