• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Fundamental/High Range Forums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSR
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often read posts in these forums and have started laughing. Some of the ways they have of analyzing an embouchure or how someone's chops work are elementary, yet they make them sound complex and scientific. At the same time they usually disregard the jaw, pivot, and pucker.

Then I enter the Reinhardt forum and it's like like a breath of fresh air. Reinhardt has an explanation for everything related to the mechanics of trumpet playing. He simplies an exceedingly complex thing (the embouchure and tongue) and makes its functions clear. The pivot system is not surrounded by ambiguity, unlike the theories in a lot of these other posts.

Reinhardt took into account everything in his system: jaw, lip formation, tooth formation, mental state of the student, oral cavity, tongue, the lungs, throat tension, cheek puffing...everything.

Some systems talk only about lips or only about air. This in my opinion is not doing justice to the whole of the mechanics of trumpet playing.

Sorry, I just had to get this out.

-Brendan
hairy james

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brendan, Now it's my turn to say AMEN!!!!!

Hey, if you have any chop questions, give me a call. (954)558-7682

Chris.
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'll agree . . . Amen, Brendan!

And when some non-Reinhardt student posts to the Reinhardt forum and tries to impose his viewpoints on us, it really "doesn't match the decor" here, does it?

I'd like to hear some more questions from the non-Reinhardt students, though. We've got a good start in helping to clear up some of the misconceptions; maybe word will really get out and this Reinhardt forum can help attract some attention to logic and common sense.

Hey, it could happen!

[What was the story about Dominic Spera on a gig with some big-shot "air" guy who was playing lead, and after the 2nd set the "air" guy was dying and not making the parts? Dominic asked him, quite audibly to everybody else, "What's the matter, is your air tired?"]

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: